|IFRS: Business Combinations (IFRS 3)||LACPA Member: $45.5|
|Product# 159740||Availability: Online Access 1 Year|
The purpose of this course is to familiarize you with the concepts underlying IFRS 3, Business Combinations, and provide an understanding of how to apply those concepts in practice.
▪ Describe the scope of IFRS 3, Business Combinations.
▪ Identify what is (and is not) a business combination by applying the definition in IFRS 3. Explain how to apply the acquisition method of accounting for a business acquisition, including the following:
▪ Identifying the acquirer,
▪ Recognizing and measuring the identifiable assets acquired, liabilities assumed, and any non-controlling interest in the acquiree.
▪ Recognize and measure goodwill or a gain from a bargain purchase resulting from a business combination.
▪ Determine the amount of consideration transferred, including contingent consideration.
▪ Understand the treatment of reacquired rights, contingent liabilities at the acquisition date, and indemnification assets.
▪ Describe the required disclosures.