Duties and Responsibilities
The expert will be required to:
- Conduct research on the professional standards, local regulations and draft responses to queries on related matters.
- Review educational, training material and programs that are based on professional standards and regulations.
- Coordinate professional conferences and meetings.
- Acquire and maintain an in-depth knowledge of the technical aspects of the LACPA Peer Review Program as well as the related administrative processes.
- Develop technical standards, guidance, practice aids and other materials for public accounting firms, peer reviewers, state CPA Society peer review committees and other users.
- Serve as a staff liaison to the LACPA Peer Review Board, its advisory task forces and committees; these groups are responsible for assisting in research, project assistance and the development of peer review materials. Keep apprised of new standards and services being developed by other LACPA teams and outside the LACPA as a way to determine the impact of these standards/services on the LACPA Peer Review Program.
- Perform other duties and special projects as assigned.
Desired Skills and Abilities:
- Strong working knowledge of IFRS, ISA, GAAP, GAAS and quality control standards.
- Ability to deal effectively and efficiently with partners and managers of public accounting firms.
- Excellent command in Arabic and English.
- Excellent communication, computer and presentation skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Member service oriented.
- Capable of dealing effectively and efficiently with a diverse group of individuals and assignments
- Ability to work well in both a team environment and independent setting.
- Strong project management skills.
- Sound decision making abilities.
- Creative thinker with a solution-oriented working approach.
- Strong organizational and planning skills.
- Solid problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to travel on occasion.
Education and Work Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or related field.
- Holding CPA, ACCA, CA certificates and knowledge of the Lebanese tax regulations are considered as assets.
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in accounting and audit matters.
Pls. fill the form and attach CV
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.