|Studies on Single Audit and Yellow Book Deficiencies||LACPA Member: $116.35|
|CPE On-Demand , 2017||Regular:$189.00|
|Product# 163503||Availability: Online Access 1 Year|
A single audit is comprised of an audit of financial statements performed under the Yellow Book and a compliance audit performed under OMB Circular A-133 (or the Uniform Guidance upon its effective date). In this CPE course, learn how to avoid common audit deficiencies in your single audits using simulated case studies and practice exercises. Areas such as major program determination, drafting audit findings, and reporting on the compliance audit are examined through real life scenarios so that you can learn from common mistakes and spot deficiencies before it’s too late.
▪ Identify common deficiencies in the use of engagement letters noted by peer reviewers.
▪ Describe the requirements of continuing professional education under the Yellow Book CPE rules and GAO guidance.
▪ Discern the GAGAS Independence Framework and issues.
▪ Enhance understanding of major program determination under OMB Circular A-133 using the risk-based approach.
▪ Identify how pressures on your clients relate to fraud risk factors.
▪ Simulate the process of drafting an audit finding in an OMB Circular A-133 compliance audit.
▪ Recognize auditee and auditor responsibilities related to the Schedule of Federal Expenditures (SEFA) and potential problem areas in SEFA presentation.